A remote car starter can be incredibly advantageous, especially during the summer and winter months when you want to start your car as soon as possible. However, there are a lot of misconceptions about remote car starter installations that may keep some car owners from investing in one of these valuable car accessories.
That being said, here are some of the most common myths about remote car starters officially debunked:
- Remote starters are bad for your car. There’s a huge myth circulating that warming up your car before driving away does significant damage to your engine. In reality, the opposite is true. The oil in your car needs time to get back to its normal viscosity for proper function, which it’s only capable of doing if you warm up your vehicle.
- A remote starter would void my car’s warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents your warranty from being voided because you’ve had a remote starter installed in your vehicle. Don’t let your car dealer tell you otherwise.
- A remote starter is only handy during the winter. Remote starters are useful throughout the year whether it’s winter and you want your car to be warm by the time you get inside or it’s summer and you want your car to be nice and cool. It also comes in handy for warming up your engine at any time of the year for greater engine efficiency.
- Remote starters make my car easier to steal. Remote starters don’t automatically unlock your car. Starters only turn your car on. Thieves will still need to get around your car’s security features in order to steal your vehicle. This includes the locks, your security system, and alarm. What’s more, you still need the key to operate your vehicle or else the car will shut off.
- I don’t need a remote starter if I park in a garage. Your car can still be cold in the winter and hot in the summer if it doesn’t have time to start up. Remote starters are also good to have when you’re out to eat or out shopping.
Many remote car starters offer drivers the convenience of turning on their vehicles from up to 1,500 feet away. For more information on car starters, security car systems, window tinting, backup cameras, or other types of car accessories, contact Chronos Specialty Auto Works today.